A denture is a removable appliance that is used to replace missing teeth and surrounding tissue. They are made to closely resemble your natural teeth and may even enhance your smile. There are two types of dentures-complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures are used when all of the teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. A partial denture not only fills in the spaces created by missing teeth, it prevents other teeth from shifting.
Dentures & Partials [Click to open the Printer Friendly Version]
- Sore Spots: Usually, your mouth will have a few "sore spots" after wearing the denture/partial for 24 hours. These areas can be relieved with very little effort during your next appointment.
- Chewing: The new bite may not feel completely comfortable for several weeks. We can adjust the contacting surfaces of your teeth after the dentures/partials have settled into place.
- We have done our best to provide you with well-fitted, functional and esthetic dentures /partials. We feel confident that after a few weeks of becoming adjusted to the new dentures/partials, you will have years of satisfaction from them.
- Over time, your jawbone and gums shrink when there are teeth missing. When this occurs, your dentures/partials will feel loose and may require relining. Wearing ill-fitting dentures/partials for too long without refitting can cause severe bone loss and very serious oral disease. Please call our office if these symptoms occur.
- We look forward to helping you adjust to and enjoy your new dentures/partials.
- We will warranty dentures and partials for a period of 1 year if a tooth chips or breaks or a flange breaks under normal use. This warranty does not cover accidents such as dropping your denture.
- This warranty is null and void if the patient does not maintain their scheduled continuing care cleaning appointments or yearly exams.